Sunday, April 27, 2008

Saving the best for Last *_*

School is out. Free atlast from boredom and cramming. But for some, this is the start of another shortage. Shortage of money.

Two months before the class end I started saving my money because I know for myself that my parents will not give allowances anymore. And also for some reasons, I started saving my money because I want to buy myself a present for my birthday this August 6. So, I want to share how I save my own allowance during class days.
  1. From our house, I walk until I reach the highway.
  2. I only pay 7php as my fare to the jeepney because I was a student.
  3. After that, I walk again until I reach our school.
  4. During lunchtime I eat my favorite meal worth 20php just in front of our school.
  5. Then I don't buy drinks anymore since our school have drinking fountains so I drink there instead of buying one.
  6. After class I avoid going to computer shops to play games with friends.
  7. I also avoided playing billards as well.
  8. I don't go to malls after class instead I go home early.
  9. I also walk again going home from school until I reach the terminal and pay 7php as my fare.
  10. I eat merienda in our house instead of eating in our school.

At the end of the day I saved 100php from my 150php allowance. 5ophp of it is my expenses. 14php of this expenses comes from my fare which is 7php back and forth. 20php from my meal and 16php from unexpected expenses like xerox, unexpected payments in school and others. So at the end of the week I saved 500php from my 750php weekly allowances. So this vacation I have 2000php on my hand since the other 2000php were lost because of shopping and treats during the remaining weeks of class. And exactly today, I have 1000php as my saving because the other half was lost because I went to a party with a friend. For me, this 1000php is a great start for my present that I will give to myself in my birthday. And I just realized these things while doing this blog.

  1. I help saved the world from global warming atleast for two months since I rode a jeepney twice instead of four times.
  2. I help my mother in saving our budget since I don't ask for money for my expenses this vacation.
  3. I help to discipline myself in terms of saving.
  4. I also help my body to have an exercise every morning and late afternoon because of walking for almost a kilometer.
  5. And I learned how to be practical nowadays.

Saving through my allowance last semester is not enough to compensate all my needs. The present that I will give to myself, the unexpected payments and etc. So, I'm not that guaranteed that my 100ophp will last until the next school days this June. So now, I'm looking for extra income. Actually I'm planning to apply for a call center agent but I'm not sure about it. But one thing is for sure, that is, I started to realize that I'm not getting any younger anymore that I have to strech my bones and be a man. And I already saved my best for last.

No comments:

Post a Comment